- Anne Shone at Scholastic Canada has acquired world rights to AT THE SPEED OF GUS by co-author of AUTUMN BIRD & THE RUNAWAY Richard Scrimger. The insightful middle grade novel follows the comically escalating adventure of charismatic 13-year-old Augustus Constantine whose mind (and mouth) operate at a different speed due to his ADHD, showing readers there’s more than one way to see the world. Publication is slated for summer 2023; Hilary McMahon at Westwood Creative Artists negotiated the deal.
- Lindenwood University MFA graduate Marissa Eller‘s JOINED AT THE JOINTS, in which a socially anxious, baking-obsessed teen more comfortable with pies than people meets a charismatic and super-attractive boy with the same diagnosis as her (juvenile arthritis) at a support group for sick kids, meaning sparks fly—for the first time in her life—outside of her kitchen, in this whip-smart romcom debut based on the author’s experience of chronic illness, to Mora Couch at Holiday House, for publication in summer 2024, by Emmy Nordstrom Higdon at Westwood Creative Artists (world).
- Mike Sheerin at Nikki Ray Media Agency has optioned two properties from Westwood Creative Artists: Jennifer Robertson’s memoir BITCOIN WIDOW: LOVE, BETRAYAL, AND THE MISSING MILLIONS, and Dean Jobb’s true crime THE CASE OF THE MURDEROUS DR. CREAM. Hilary McMahon represents both Robertson and Jobb.
- Alice Kuipers‘s LIFE ON THE REFRIGERATOR DOOR renewed to Martin Fontes (Brazil), by JP Riff at Riff Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Yann Martel’s LIFE OF PI renewed to Editions Gallimard (France), by Marie-France Heinic at Anna Jarota Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Yann Martel’s LIFE OF PI renewed to Editura Polirom (Romania), by Marina Adriana at Simona Kessler Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Shohini Ghose’s HER SPACE, HER TIME to Paidos (World Spanish), by Sandra Bruna at Sandra Bruna Literary Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for John Pearce.