WCA Deal Report for April 14, 2022
- Scholastic Canada’s Anne Shone has acquired world rights to Kern Carter’s IS THERE A BOY LIKE ME. The middle-grade novel tells the story of a 13-year-old boy who creates a video series that explores what his life would be like if he could truly be who he wanted to be; when the vlog goes viral, it starts a global conversation about what being a boy really means. Publication is expected for fall 2024. The deal was arranged by Chris Casuccio of Westwood Creative Artists.
- Dan Lubetkin at Corner Lot Media has optioned the film rights to Kim Fu’s story #CLIMBNATION from LESSER KNOWN MONSTERS OF THE 21ST CNETURY, about an obsessed fan who crashes the memorial of her favorite influencer after he dies in a suspicious rock-climbing accident, only to uncover a dark revenge plot. The deal was arranged by Max Tremblay at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Michael Ignatieff’s ON CONSOLATION to Kristeligt Dagblads Forlag (Denmark), by Monique Oosterhof at MO Literary Services, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Michael Levine.
- Rahaf Mohammed’s REBEL to Rahva Raamat (Estonia), by Tatjana Zoldnere at Andrew Nurnberg Associates Baltic, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Chris Casuccio and John Pearce.
- Richard Wagamese’s MEDICINE WALK renewed to Editions Zoe (French), by Marie-France Heinic at Anna Jarota Agency on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for John Pearce and Chris Casuccio.