WCA Deal Report for October 29, 2021
- House of Anansi’s Douglas Richmond has acquired World Rights to Scott Thornley’s fifth novel in his MACNEICE MYSTERIES series, in which Detective Superintendent MacNeice and his seasoned team investigate a series of murders without bodies. Publication is expected for Spring 2023. The deal was arranged by Chris Casuccio at Westwood Creative Artists.
- Author of THE LOST ART OF FEEDING KIDS, Jeannie Marshall’s SEEING THINGS IN THE SISTINE CHAPEL, a personal account of finding meaning, a model for how to engage deeply with the past, and a sublime meditation on how art, once invested with the power to save our souls, can enlarge our lives if only we learn how to look, to Dan Wells at Biblioasis Press, for publication in Fall 2022, by Jackie Kaiser at Westwood Creative Artists (World).
- Lynn Henry at Knopf Canada has acquired English Canadian rights to FRANCIE’S GOT A GUN by Carrie Snyder. Reminiscent of the early novels of Miriam Toews, the suspenseful and poignant tale from the author of GIRL RUNNER is about an imaginative girl navigating social breakdown and chaotic family life in a close-knit small town. Publication is scheduled for summer 2022; Hilary McMahon of Westwood Creative Artists inked the deal.
- Thomas King’s INDIANS ON VACATION to Dublinense (Brazil), by JP Riff at Riff Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Josef Skvorecky’s THE MENORAH to Braumüller Verlag (Germany), by Hannah Nuspliger-Fosh at Liepman, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists.
- Tomson Highway’s PERMANENT ASTONISHMENT to Prise de parole (North American French), with acquiring editor Stéphane Cormier, by Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists on behalf of Jackie Kaiser.
- Jay Ingram’s THE SCIENCE OF WHY renewed to Beijing Green Beans Book Co., Ltd (China), by Claire Qiao at Andrew Nurnberg Associates, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Marc Lewis’s MEMOIRS OF AN ADDICTED BRAIN to Next Door (Spain), by Sandra Bruna at Sandra Bruna Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Michael Levine.
- A.J. Vrana’s THE CHAOS CYCLE duology (THE HOLLOWED GODS and THE ECHOED REALM) to Eksmo (Russia), by Natalia Sanina at Synopsis Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Emmy Nordstrom Higdon.