WCA Deal Report for September 17, 2021
- Simon & Schuster Canada’s Janie Yoon has acquired Canadian rights in English to Craig Shreve’s AFRICAN SAMURAI, a powerful literary historical novel set in late sixteenth century Africa, India, and Japan, based on the true-life story of Yasuke, Japan’s first foreign-born samurai and the only samurai to be of African descent. Publication is expected for Spring/Summer 2023. The deal was arranged by Chris Casuccio of Westwood Creative Artists.
- Tamara Goranson’s THE VINLAND SAGAS series to Mondadori (Italy), by Elisa Beretta at The Italian Literary Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler of Westwood Creative Artists for Emmy Nordstrom Higdon.
- Rohinton Mistry’s FAMILY MATTERS to AST/Neclassics (Russia), by Natalia Sanina at Synopsis Literary Agency, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Bruce Westwood.
- Rohinton Mistry’s FAMILY MATTERS to Mahrousa Center for Publishing, Information and Press Services (Arabic), by Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Bruce Westwood.
- Yann Martel’s LIFE OF PI to Fabula (Azerbaijan), by Meg Wheeler of Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Yann Martel’s LIFE OF PI renewed to Inkilap Kitavebi Kitabevi (Turkey), by Atilla Izgi Turgut at Akcali Copyright, on behalf of Meg Wheeler of Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.