- Queer writer/performer, theatre maker and neuro-divergent/mad activist JD Derbyshire‘s MERCY GENE: THE MAN-MADE MAKING OF A MAD WOMAN, a powerful, genre-smashing debut work of auto-fiction inspired by Derbyshire’s critically acclaimed and award-winning stage play, “Certified,” that explores themes of queerness, gender confusion, institutionalization, addiction, and abuse through kaleidoscopic bursts of erratic recollections, daydreams, poetry, and lists, to Bethany Gibson at Goose Lane Editions, for publication in March 2023, by Emmy Nordstrom Higdon at Westwood Creative Artists (NA English and World French).
- Tundra Books’ Samantha Swenson has acquired world rights to Zenia Wadhwani’s ONCE UPON A SARI in an exclusive submission. The picture book about a girl who learns the stories that each of her mother’s saris tell will be illustrated by Avani Dwivedi. Publication is set for spring 2024. Jackie Kaiser and Bridgette Kam at Westwood Creative Artists represented the author, and Shadra Strickland at Painted Words represented the illustrator.
- Kallie George at Greystone Kids has acquired world rights to author of KNOT CANNOT Tiffany Stone’s SUPER SMALL, a book of poetry and comics that introduces readers to miniature marvels of the natural world. Ashley Spires, creator of the bestselling THE MOST MAGNIFICENT THING, will illustrate. Publication is slated for spring 2023; Hilary McMahon at Westwood Creative Artists represented Stone and the illustrator represented herself.
- Jack Wang and Holman Wang’s COZY CLASSICS to Rieder Verlag (Germany), by Hannah Nuspliger-Fosh at Liepman, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser.
- Bob McDonald’s THE FUTURE IS NOW to China Science and Technology Press Co., Ltd (China), by Claire Qiao at Andrew Nurnberg Associates Beijing, on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for John Pearce.
- Craig Shreve’s THE AFRICAN SAMURAI sold at auction to Alta Books (Brazil), by Laura and JP Riff at Agencia Riff, and Vulkan izdavaštvo (Serbia), by Nada Perisic at Plima on behalf of Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Chris Casuccio.
- Simu Liu’s WE WERE DREAMERS to Bengono Bessala at HarperCollins (UK), by Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Jackie Kaiser, and for Cindy Uh at CAA.
- M.G. Vassanji’s THE GUNNY SACK to Black Star Books (UK) by Meg Wheeler at Westwood Creative Artists for Bruce Westwood.